Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Hei! My name is Hallfríðr (aka Kunðralón)!

Introduce yourself and get involved with the community!
Kundhralon616
I am a: Musician

Hei! My name is Hallfríðr (aka Kunðralón)!

Post by Kundhralon616 » June 21st, 2017, 6:30 am

Hi everyone, my name is Alfredo (although some call me Hallfríðr for my interest in Norse myths, I'm even learning Greek and Icelandic) and I am from Brazil!

One aspect of human civilizations that really apeals to me is their myths, faiths of course, creatures. Since then, I've became so interested in dragons, snakes and other things as such since they're simply EVERYWHERE (even in Brazilian folklore, like the Boitatá, for example). And yes, I do believe they're real

My life time is spent mostly composing death and thrash metal songs (I'm a tr00 metalhead) since I am a guitarist and play with friends in a local band. Someday we might release a CD or something.

But that's not all. I also enjoy reading a good mythology/fantasy book. Those were so inspiring for me that I started to imagine our world in a totally different way and started to develop a complete plot related to Gods, humans, wars and, of course, dragons.

Nowadays, I do my best to write stories like that (such as the Blood Battles Pólemos and the Legacy Of Eldurínn) and those are where my character comes from.

For unexplainable some reason, I am kind of more addicted to the idea of dragons being evil creatures, with black giant wings and scales, blood-red magic eyes, demonic horns and mortal fiery breath. Although I'm not sure about the reason for this, I think it is because I saw them as warrior creatures living under the leadership of a king (like in most of my stories), forming an Empire to fight against enemies or gods and stuff like that, which is not the general idea that comes in mind when we talk about dragons. Fortunately, the dragon inside me is not like that, he is more merciful and lovely, although he'd to protect his mates.

Just to let you know,

-Blood Battles Pólemos is a story where the Gods Of Olympus engage in war against each other and the conflict expands towards the mortal creatures, who also fight. In the plot, the Empire Of Drakon-Pyros would dominate and enslave humanity.

-Legacy Of Eldurínn is kind of a saga where the dragons from Muspelheimr join themselves in a war against the Æsir to claim the throne of Óðinn and rule the 9 worlds til Ragnarök comes
Drekar eru skrímsli. En ekki vegna vilja þeirra, vegna blóðþyrsta konunga þeirra. Sönnu hjörtu þeirra eru gerðar af einni eldi og heiður

Acostor

Re: Hei! My name is Hallfríðr (aka Kunðralón)!

Post by Acostor » June 21st, 2017, 10:46 am

Welcome, I think you’ll fit right in.
You may not realize how much you love something until you lose it. So if you find it, never let go.

Steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198254747403/

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » June 21st, 2017, 2:28 pm

Wow. Lot of involvement there, I think Acostor is quite right. Anyway, a question: you learning modern or ancient Greek? If ancient, from where?
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Kundhralon616
I am a: Musician

Post by Kundhralon616 » June 21st, 2017, 7:47 pm

Aracth'nil wrote:Wow. Lot of involvement there, I think Acostor is quite right. Anyway, a question: you learning modern or ancient Greek? If ancient, from where?

Well, I decided to learn Ancient Greek in order to get better knowledge of the ancient texts, so I started to hear original recitations of the Iliad and the Odyssey. Well, this may not be the most effective way to learn another language, especially because my native tongue is Portuguese, but I've done a great improvement since then. You can find out more here: http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/col ... reco-Roman
Also I've been learning Icelandic the same way, which for me, is also such an interesting language
Drekar eru skrímsli. En ekki vegna vilja þeirra, vegna blóðþyrsta konunga þeirra. Sönnu hjörtu þeirra eru gerðar af einni eldi og heiður

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » June 21st, 2017, 10:41 pm

Wow you sound like someone I could really get talking to! I'm not great at other languages though! Welcome to the forums!

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » June 22nd, 2017, 1:49 pm

That's a massive undertaking, trying to learn a language from one of the most complex texts out there. Anyway, how do you pronouce your name by the way?
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » June 23rd, 2017, 12:30 pm

Hey there and welcome to the community! You seem like a cool guy ^.-.^ Stay strong! \m/
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.