Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Greetings, Herpy.

Introduce yourself and get involved with the community!
The Unnamed

Greetings, Herpy.

Post by The Unnamed » July 25th, 2017, 5:59 am

I have been itching since 2012 to create a Herpy.net (now Herpy.nu ) account,but life and internet privacy concerns having their way with me,i never did. During the time,I encountered,altough never took part in forums discussion,many interesting individuals,forming all a wonderful community.

In the beginning,before finding out about this community in 2012,i thought i was alone,damned for eternity to never be able to share my......''true self''... to anyone.I agonised at the thought of being the only one being the being i am in my mind.Then i stood unintentionally on Herpy.net. That was the day everything changed. I found out that i wasn't alone,that others even shared things i thought about many subjects. I wanted to dynamically participate,but again,privacy is something i do not mess around with,wich was something i couldn't afford back then.So i never created any account on the website. I was stunned about all the possibilities at my grasp now,people who would even experience things that i did! All in all,i would now agonise out of the non-interaction with the world around me,bu now knowing i wasn't alone.

But now i am here,now is the time, and i am here to stay.
I am the Unnamed,roaming this here earth,transcending time and age,searching for a purpose, a reason to be,to exist.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: Greetings, Herpy.

Post by Aracth'nil » July 25th, 2017, 2:08 pm

Welcome! I understand your privacy concerns… I have similar concerns now and back when I originally joined. How did you change the font by the way? HTML editor?
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

The Unnamed

Post by The Unnamed » July 25th, 2017, 6:34 pm

Aracth'nil wrote:Welcome! I understand your privacy concerns… I have similar concerns now and back when I originally joined. How did you change the font by the way? HTML editor?

I changed it using the font menu,but yes this site uses scripts to do so. As such,you can change fonts using some commands.

The script looks like : font=fantasy / font at the beginning and at the end of your text when composing.

[-font=(name of the font you are using] [-/font]
I am the Unnamed,roaming this here earth,transcending time and age,searching for a purpose, a reason to be,to exist.

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » July 26th, 2017, 1:52 am

Greetings to you too and welcome aboard!

Sadly, old Herpy is gone but we try to build a new one for ourselves here ^.-.^ I'm glad you want to be a part of it!
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

The Unnamed

Post by The Unnamed » July 26th, 2017, 11:23 pm

Valcyrie wrote:Greetings to you too and welcome aboard!

Sadly, old Herpy is gone but we try to build a new one for ourselves here ^.-.^ I'm glad you want to be a part of it!
Yeah,when the old site closed...well....just damn...

I only found out a YEAR LATER that herpy kept on going because of you and the other admins as herpy.nu (I saw what you did there 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) )!!! Thanks a LOT!!!

TTheDDoctor

Post by TTheDDoctor » July 27th, 2017, 1:58 am

It's good to see you, Unnamed! I've met a few fellows like you before, although it wasn't on the old Herpy. I hope you have an excellent experience here; it shouldn't be too hard, given the company you'll find yourself in around here!~

Have a nice day!
<==========))===O|TtDd|O===((==========>
Come hang with me in my very own private Discord server!

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » August 11th, 2017, 9:05 am

Welcome to the new herpy Unnamed! :)
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » August 11th, 2017, 8:56 pm

Welcome to the forums. It's an interesting one, how so many who believed they were alone find themselves here eventually. :D

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » August 12th, 2017, 3:03 pm

I did a search for something like dragon forums or something and got here myself I seem to remember...
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

DragonCurse4

Post by DragonCurse4 » August 12th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Hello and welcome to Herpy! Hope you like it here. ^_^