Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

Guess I'm back.

Introduce yourself and get involved with the community!
Noxirot
I am a: Lurker

Guess I'm back.

Post by Noxirot » September 26th, 2017, 3:53 am

I remember writing my introduce me thread for the original Herpy, and surprisingly, it's gotten harder to write one of these.

As previously mentioned, I was a member of the old Herpy before it got taken down, though I will say I was never aware of the reasons why. I'm mostly a gamer, but I'd also say I have some interests in philosophy, psychology, and sociology, and frankly my biggest goal is to be an indie developer, despite seldom making progress on that front due to lack of motivation and focus... I think.

A feeling I often find myself having as of late is my inability to relate to others as well. I wanted to pride myself in being a unique person, but as I've learned it comes with its drawbacks. Oftentimes, no matter what community or subculture I try to involve myself in I find myself not really feeling for a majority of others within it. This applies to gaming, furries, and bronies, and I suppose that's part of what makes this hard, because despite how much I pride myself in being individualistic, I still fear social judgment, despite how my ego insists I don't care. I guess not only that but questioning if it's really all that possible to be that unique.

I'm currently living in an apartment with a roommate in a small retirement community of a town that likes to try to call itself a city (Yeah, okay town, you don't have a single building here that goes above six floors, but whatever makes you happy). In case you couldn't tell, I don't like it here, but getting a driver's licence doesn't seem to be an easy task to accomplish for me. Anyway, my current plan is to hold down this apartment until one of his friends graduates from high school, so that he can move in. From there, I'm thinking of joining the military, despite how much I don't really want to. However, I would like my student loans gone (Because apparently I like paying $500 a class to be taught that "he" is the appropriate pronoun to use when referring to multiple males in a sentence rather than "they"), it would also pretty much guarantee me getting out of this town, and from there maybe I could save up to potentially leave the country.

Until then though, video games, yaaaaaay.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: Guess I'm back.

Post by Aracth'nil » September 27th, 2017, 4:45 pm

That second paragraph reminds me a lot about my own character in a way. Well, nice to meet you, and see you around! Welcome back!
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » September 27th, 2017, 7:28 pm

Hi there and very welcome back! I hope you will enjoy your return to us :3
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Mazrogal

Post by Mazrogal » October 3rd, 2017, 3:46 pm

Welcome back to the new herpy! :)
''Life is a struggle sometimes just push through and fight never give up''

My steamprofile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mazrogal Feel free to send a friend request^^