Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Nostalgia

A place for hangout, chill and easy discussion.
Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Nostalgia

Post by Aracth'nil » September 11th, 2016, 2:39 pm

Discuss nostalgia here.
Ill start.
I miss the good old days of Pokemon from when I was younger Still into them (Pokemon Go, etc), but it just isn't the same.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Rasalom
I am a: Author

Re: Nostalgia

Post by Rasalom » September 11th, 2016, 3:32 pm

I miss the good ol' days when computers had 8 bits; displayed on the green and black monitors, and I could wipe off the grin of every owner of Atari 65XE with the help of my Amstrad CPC6128... ( :twisted: )
(Damn, suddenly I started to feel like an old fart for some reason...)
Last edited by Rasalom on March 9th, 2017, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » September 12th, 2016, 2:04 pm

Talking about computers - playing old SNES games brings back memories :)
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » September 12th, 2016, 9:54 pm

Funny I've been getting back into my old video games recently because I've found a whole community who make the old consoles into portable handhelds... SNES is high on the list of portables I'd like to build, along with the PS2 of course.

Xasin

Post by Xasin » September 13th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Weird nostalgic feeling from me here, but ...
I miss the times where you'd start up this really bare minecraft world, and have this odd sense of all those possibilities you'd do ...
(Don't ask me why, I just really enjoyed it once, now it's ... Well, uh, a game.)
Not just dreaming is what I strive to do, but just as much to be the one to make them reality

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Acostor

Post by Acostor » March 4th, 2017, 10:36 am

I’ve been wanting to post on here for a while, but do to my age I felt that difficult. However, I think I found something we can all feel nostalgic about. :P :cry:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdUUx5FdySs
You may not realize how much you love something until you lose it. So if you find it, never let go.

Steam account: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198254747403/

Dracokon
Site Admin

Post by Dracokon » March 7th, 2017, 6:12 am

It's funny what you end up really missing as you get older. For me, I miss the physicality of video stores. Redbox is kind of lame, and Netflix has a crap selection now. I sort of miss dial-up internet too. Not the speeds, but how there was a purpose and intent in process to connect. Something about setting up your modem and then waiting for it to dial so you could access the World Wide Web came with a certain sense of wonderment. Similarly, I miss when the internet was this brave new world and strange commodity that was only available at my grade school and local library; I remember riding my bike down to the library and waiting in line to get a 30 minute turn on one of the computers and reading Goosebumps and stuff while I waited.

A lot of things are overly simplified or have become obsoleted or automatic. I still write paper checks to pay my bills, I've never used autopay anything. I still use a debit card to get physical cash from an ATM. It sucks that so much can be done with a phone today. Some of it is extremely helpful, but I feel like I'm a part of the last generation that ever learned how to read a map, change a tire, etc.

(Also that handheld PS2 looks terrifying.)
#DracokonIsBack
SoFurry -- FurryNetwork -- FurAffinity
Telegram: Dracokon

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » March 8th, 2017, 9:30 pm

Dracokon wrote:Also that handheld PS2 looks terrifying.

That's okay I'm making mine more stylish!

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » March 8th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Back in the day, we had the best cartoons ever; Looney toones, Tom and Jerry, Samurai Jack, KND and so on. Today's ones are just bad.
Or maybe when the PS1 and 2 disks were all scratched up and i tried to revive them (with diferent degrees of success) with cotton and alcohol.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Switchstart

Post by Switchstart » April 2nd, 2017, 5:45 pm

A couple of things spring to mind for me are the days when PC games sometimes had amusing things that were written that would appear during the installation process or be found in the .ini or .config files. An example of this was Redneck Rampage which had a voice that would scream " What the hell is this" if the screen resoloution 320x240 was chosen in the setup menu.

Another thing that I remember were the original Pokemon trading cards that were popular during my primary school years followed by the Yu-Gi-Oh cards that appeared a couple of years later.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » April 3rd, 2017, 12:21 am

Or maybe when the DLC were named Expansions and had a lot more content. Hell, even some games came with more content than actual ones with DLC.
And i just remembered this card deck i used to play with my bro. They are chilean and they were discontinued in 2012 i think because the company went broke (Hasbro), and they were up again in 2014 or 2015, but the cards don't make it to here anymore.
20170402_200409.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » May 1st, 2017, 11:27 am

Back in my days we didn't had any MIDI cards, so if we wanted to listen to the in-game music we had to use printers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG8RAbWs1yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TFzZyNE5CU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTRSzq124Tg
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...