Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

I Miss The Old Herpy

A place for hangout, chill and easy discussion.
TheWaffle

I Miss The Old Herpy

Post by TheWaffle » October 4th, 2016, 12:30 pm

I miss easy navigation, a multitude of images and videos that will probably never be seen from again, and an overall good site. R.I.P. old herpy, and may you return to your full glory one day. :cry:
Mostly miss all the gifs and images I couldn't remember the name of, so I could search for my hope, and probably will never see the likes of again.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: I Miss The Old Herpy

Post by Aracth'nil » October 4th, 2016, 1:24 pm

As Val said to me a while back, many users have the whole or most of the gallery, so it should be fine to upload everything again when we get a gallery up and going.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Rendrassa
I am a: Artist

Post by Rendrassa » October 5th, 2016, 4:06 am

The site is far from finished, waffle. Early beta. Things are slow right now due to funds being short, but the gallery and other features will be seeing a return in time. Please have some patience and consider donating to the site to move things along. :)
Clicky? Image

CrankyMoose

Post by CrankyMoose » October 5th, 2016, 6:11 pm

TheWaffle wrote:I miss easy navigation, a multitude of images and videos that will probably never be seen from again, and an overall good site. R.I.P. old herpy, and may you return to your full glory one day. :cry:
Mostly miss all the gifs and images I couldn't remember the name of, so I could search for my hope, and probably will never see the likes of again.
Mate, navigation is far easier on this site. Old Herpy was many things, but the threads weren't neatly organised. I struggled to stay on the old site because of how clumsy it felt trying to find something. I have high hopes for the new site. Maybe a return of the dragon emojis? :D
A dream, an illusion, a bubble and a shadow

Koatliqua
I am a: Author
Commissions: Open

Post by Koatliqua » October 5th, 2016, 9:16 pm

CrankyMoose wrote:
TheWaffle wrote:I miss easy navigation, a multitude of images and videos that will probably never be seen from again, and an overall good site. R.I.P. old herpy, and may you return to your full glory one day. :cry:
Mate, navigation is far easier on this site. Old Herpy was many things, but the threads weren't neatly organised. I struggled to stay on the old site because of how clumsy it felt trying to find something. I have high hopes for the new site. Maybe a return of the dragon emojis? :D
And the colours! Black and red? So depressing!
Like dew or a flash of lightning;
Thus we shall perceive them.

Check out my blog! ~ https://jasminesgarage.wordpress.com/

Rendrassa

Post by Rendrassa » October 5th, 2016, 11:57 pm

Hm... I wonder about making some draggy and other reptile emojis. Might try that, though I'm not really a pixel artist.
Clicky? Image

Sezhan

Post by Sezhan » October 9th, 2016, 10:40 pm

CrankyMoose wrote:
Will anyone have bothered with saving the old emojis before the site went down, though?

Ziea Ebbon

Post by Ziea Ebbon » October 10th, 2016, 3:04 pm

I kinda like this new herpy...
because its the same forum software as a furry site I am on
So its easier for me to remember where all the buttons are

CrankyMoose

Post by CrankyMoose » October 12th, 2016, 11:10 am

Just waiting for that gallery and we're all good ;)
A dream, an illusion, a bubble and a shadow

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » October 12th, 2016, 1:00 pm

What is with that? Is the link back to the main page as a placeholder? Is completion near? Much excite.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Switchstart

Post by Switchstart » October 17th, 2016, 4:05 pm

There are a few things that I do miss from the old site. one of those being the activity stream which I used to check each time I came on, quite useful to check what was going on without having to filter through all the subforums.
Another one was the dragon emojis which I thought were quite cool although I rarely used them myself.

Sadly though, the site was not without it's demons. One of the first things that comes to mind here was that bug in the software that sometimes caused some members profile screens including mine to go white. Another was the "poor me" (negitivity) epidemic in the blogs and in some threads, I remember not logging in for a period and then coming back and seeing the whinge fest in the blogs and then leaving again, I left twice before the site's closure due to this.

I got lucky in a way when the site closed as I was having a look at my introduction thread and still had the thread up when I was told about the closure by a friend who's also a member, what I did then was saved the page offline as something to remember it by.

Rendrassa

Post by Rendrassa » October 17th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Wish I'd been been able to save mine. Lot of memories from that thread I made.
Clicky? Image