Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

(Maybe NSFW) Modification and Augmentation

A place for hangout, chill and easy discussion.

Would you modify or augment yourself?

A lot (ie change in body makeup, enhancement of senses, addition of scales or fur excessively)
44%
A little (ie couple of senses enhanced or one or two added, body shape minorly changed)
6%
No
13%
Maybe/Not sure
31%
Only if people around me did
6%

Total votes: 16

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

(Maybe NSFW) Modification and Augmentation

Post by Aracth'nil » December 10th, 2016, 1:24 pm

To fit in with all the new posts that seem to be springing up today, I'll propose something as well.
Given the choice, would you modify or augment yourself, whether it be gentically or bionically?In what way? Feel free to turn it NSFW if you want.
Assume technology has no side effects and is 100% safe and successful.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Re: (Maybe NSFW) Modification and Augmentation

Post by LokiDragon » December 10th, 2016, 8:11 pm

I've got so many health problems and genetic F-ups sure I'd be happy to just upgrade to being human... Or at least give me a reptile immune system!

Dragonhunter4321
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by Dragonhunter4321 » December 11th, 2016, 8:28 am

I just wanna be a mother-F-ing dragon!
well, I wouldn't mind not having fire breath, but being turned reptile, with horns scales and such, and be able to fly would be great. And having a set of dragon genitalia would please the insides of all my mates
Yum yum!
I once asked God for a bike, but I know that's not how God works. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 11th, 2016, 1:30 pm

Personally I wouild go with the following -
- Wings
- Maybe scales, depending on how everybody around me would take it
- Better senses (human ones are pretty lame compared to the rest)
- Genetalia changed (maybe hermaphroditic? - would be interesting)
- Lighter body through implants ie carbon fibre bones (stronger too!)
- Better lungs (I have almost the worlds shortest breath holding skills - barely do a minute, which is terrible given I live in Australia where everyone goes to the beach often and I have a pool at home)
- Tail!
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » December 12th, 2016, 2:28 pm

Full dragon for me, if somehow technology permits to do this, let me know. And hey, my best was 40 secs i think.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Fenveireth

Post by Fenveireth » December 17th, 2016, 1:02 am

Call me weird, but… I'd actually look into having my senses dulled out.

I was "blessed" with somewhat sharper senses and memory, and I feel like my life would be a lot better if they were brought down to par with my peers.

I mean, I guess that it's cool if you intend to return to the wild and actually need them to hunt and survive and stuff, but in society there's just nothing that makes up for the added mental strain.
Since we're pretty much engineering the world according to the abilities of the majority, the "extras" you get are all somewhere between aggravating and exhausting.

You spend some good money on supposedly good audio gear, but it turns out it's ruined because it cross-talks like crazy. You let your friends try it, and they go "Oh, I don't notice".

You're playing a video game, and you start feeling dizzy, because the developers went bananas on the sound reverberation sliders for that area. It makes an "impossible space" that doesn't match what you're seeing on the screen. Again, your friends go "Oh, I don't notice". You can't blame the devs : they probably spent time tweaking these sliders, until they could honestly say "It sounds good to me".

And when the engineers who design public transports decide how much noise is acceptable for their train to make, you can be sure they won't take your ears as a reference. That tube line is already expensive enough as it is, without catering to the low tolerance of special snowflakes like you. For your friends, it's easily tolerable, and doesn't cause any discomfort.

So, yeah, I'm not sure what choice I fall in. In doubt, I took the "Peer pressure" one

Even though I would totally get the tail
♪ Get your kicks, on x86 ♫

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » December 17th, 2016, 1:10 pm

Fenveireth wrote:Call me weird, but… I'd actually look into having my senses dulled out.

I was "blessed" with somewhat sharper senses and memory, and I feel like my life would be a lot better if they were brought down to par with my peers.

I mean, I guess that it's cool if you intend to return to the wild and actually need them to hunt and survive and stuff, but in society there's just nothing that makes up for the added mental strain.
Since we're pretty much engineering the world according to the abilities of the majority, the "extras" you get are all somewhere between aggravating and exhausting.

You spend some good money on supposedly good audio gear, but it turns out it's ruined because it cross-talks like crazy. You let your friends try it, and they go "Oh, I don't notice".

You're playing a video game, and you start feeling dizzy, because the developers went bananas on the sound reverberation sliders for that area. It makes an "impossible space" that doesn't match what you're seeing on the screen. Again, your friends go "Oh, I don't notice". You can't blame the devs : they probably spent time tweaking these sliders, until they could honestly say "It sounds good to me".

And when the engineers who design public transports decide how much noise is acceptable for their train to make, you can be sure they won't take your ears as a reference. That tube line is already expensive enough as it is, without catering to the low tolerance of special snowflakes like you. For your friends, it's easily tolerable, and doesn't cause any discomfort.

So, yeah, I'm not sure what choice I fall in. In doubt, I took the "Peer pressure" one

Even though I would totally get the tail
Wow your hearing is that good? I always imagined better hearing to be sensitive but not overpowering sound, especially when high noise is played.
Well I guess it's a tradeoff... maybe different for vision though.

Mandragora

Post by Mandragora » January 12th, 2017, 11:47 pm

I'm not so sure about altering my body. I'm a bit of a control freak and I really dislike to step out of my boundaries. The thought seems cool and interesting but I doubt I would actually go through with it.

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » January 19th, 2017, 2:50 am

This subject is very interesting. I can't say Im sure of I'd go through a change or not, it feels like I have a lot to loose even if it would be very fun to actually be my sona. I think I do desire to have a change like that, but are too afraid of the consequences to actually go through with it.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Xaithis
I am a: Author

Post by Xaithis » January 28th, 2017, 12:40 am

I'd most likely go full way if possible; wings, muzzle, scales, tail, etc...
Viable from either a genetic engineering route or cybernetics... I'd choose genetics, however the possibilities that cybernetics offer are quite broad in contrast with current technology.
Typical Session...
PC - "I run towards the lasers!"
Me (DM) - <starts finding a new character sheet>