Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Dream cheese

A place for hangout, chill and easy discussion.
Indominus Roark
I am a: Author
Commissions: Open for trades

Dream cheese

Post by Indominus Roark » January 8th, 2017, 3:39 am

So there's this type of cheese called Stilton cheese. Which is a type of blue cheese made in England. I read that eating like a gram of it is enough to give you really vivid dreams and even let you lucid dream easier anyone ever hear of this?
I'm assuming it's due to the mold they use in the cheese like any other blue cheese
If this is true makes me wonder if I could achieve lucid dreaming with any type of blue cheese, or if you can also do it with Gorganzolla or Brie.
What do you guys think? :o
No fate but what we make.

Fenveireth

Re: Dream cheese

Post by Fenveireth » January 8th, 2017, 11:25 am

Well, I know all cheeses will contain some amount of casein, which digestion will break down into the same molecules than in morphine/opium.

In much lesser amounts, alright, but still… Now that I know this, I think I might have a serious cheese problem :S
I'd totally honestly describe good cheese as mood-altering and addicting, for any kind of cheese, not just the blue ones
♪ Get your kicks, on x86 ♫

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Post by Aracth'nil » January 9th, 2017, 12:57 pm

If so, get me some of the stuff! That sounds weird and cool at the same time. Wonder if it gives you dreams about dragons… ;)
Also, pretty sure Brie or Camembert or similar doesn't do that. I have it a lot and if so I would be pretty much half drunk every time I sleep.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » January 11th, 2017, 11:37 am

Stilton, seriously? I always wondered why my mum liked it so much! Sorry to say but cheese is just a comfort food it doesn't altre your brain's ability to process information! Unless it's got something stronger mixed in, I suppose.

Mandragora
I am a: Lurker

Post by Mandragora » January 12th, 2017, 11:41 pm

This topic seemed pretty hillarious so I did some googling on it. Turns out the study is very vague and above anything else seem to be lacking a control, which is why I debunk it. It would have been fun if it worked of course, cheapest trip in the universe. Or maybe the cheespest. BA DUM TSH.

LokiDragon

Post by LokiDragon » January 16th, 2017, 7:05 pm

...Or the the cheesiest? Maybe you should move this to the conspiracies thread, Roark?

Koatliqua

Post by Koatliqua » January 17th, 2017, 1:51 am

Eating lots of cheese cannot be good for you. LOL. But give it a shot!
Like dew or a flash of lightning;
Thus we shall perceive them.

Check out my blog! ~ https://jasminesgarage.wordpress.com/

CrankyMoose

Post by CrankyMoose » January 18th, 2017, 4:55 am

The cheese thing is true. When I was younger I think I tried to eat cheese for this effect! But usually I'd just get the weird dreams without trying to. I think normally people warn against it... but I think you should let us know how it turns out
A dream, an illusion, a bubble and a shadow

Valcyrie
Site Admin
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » January 19th, 2017, 2:44 am

Sadly, there are no true scientific ties between certain cheeses and dreams, but it would be funny if it actually worked. I'm just going to stick to colorful pills <.-.<
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

LokiDragon

Post by LokiDragon » January 19th, 2017, 4:32 pm

CrankyMoose wrote:The cheese thing is true. When I was younger I think I tried to eat cheese for this effect! But usually I'd just get the weird dreams without trying to. I think normally people warn against it... but I think you should let us know how it turns out
Isn't that a contradiction? If your getting weird dreams anyway, you eating loads of cheese doesn't make a difference.

Oh and for the record, I tried this a lot when I was a kid too, without any noticeable effects other than the fact that I got really chubby. :shock: