Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

need help finding video editor

A place for hangout, chill and easy discussion.
Ziea Ebbon

need help finding video editor

Post by Ziea Ebbon » March 6th, 2017, 12:20 pm

I need a new video editor.
Also it needs to be either a cheap one or for free.
Why?
Well I would be using windows movie maker but since I formatted my pc I found out the new version of windows movie maker requires you pay a subscription for it

Dracokon
Site Admin
I am a: Author

Re: need help finding video editor

Post by Dracokon » March 7th, 2017, 6:06 am

Wow, they charge for Windows Movie Maker now? How the mighty have fallen, for shame Microsoft. >_>

Personally I use Corel VideoStudio X7 (I think they are on X9 now) for all of my projects on my YouTube channel. I like it because while it doesn't have as intense of editing features as After Effects or Sony Vegas, it has a very self-explanatory UI and it's very hard to screw something up accidentally. I've used Corel VideoStudio for over a decade, back when it was still Ulead VideoStudio so I'm a bit partial to it and old habits die hard. I don't think it's as expensive as other video editors either since it's kind of a dark horse.
#DracokonIsBack
SoFurry -- FurryNetwork -- FurAffinity
Telegram: Dracokon

Rasalom

Post by Rasalom » March 9th, 2017, 4:24 pm

Back in the days I used VirtualDubMod, but I don't know how much up to date it is.
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Chikara

Post by Chikara » March 10th, 2017, 6:34 pm

VirtualDub is good, though I think Avidemux is a little better.

Valcyrie
Site Admin
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » March 11th, 2017, 10:16 am

I use LightWorks. They have a free option made for YouTube creators that offers simplified but yet professional editing and rendering.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

The Unnamed

Post by The Unnamed » July 27th, 2017, 2:09 am

Personally i proudly work with *COUGH* AHEMAFHEREHHECTS HEHESSHISS TOTHALHEH HLEHAL *COUGH* *COUGH*

But i use Linux freewares,wich are quite numerous out there,trying to give YOU a convenient one would take too long.But if you want something good : Corel video studio FREE VERSION! and Widows movie maker,the one BEFORE the one bundled with Windows 8 ( the one bundled with windows 7)

The windows 8 one has some better stuff,but barely remediates sound editing options. Basically you can put only ONE soundtrack,sound effects or anything for sound editing at a given time or else they overlap each other.but for putting together stop-motion footage,it's the best around.
I am the Unnamed,roaming this here earth,transcending time and age,searching for a purpose, a reason to be,to exist.

Aquilla Whingate

Post by Aquilla Whingate » December 16th, 2017, 5:11 am

As late as I may be you can still upload Windows movie maker 2012 and or Windows Movie Maker Live 2016 for Win10 operating systems.