Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,

A place for hangout, chill and easy discussion.
I am a: Lurker

Re: Facades

Post by Aracth'nil » June 13th, 2017, 1:14 pm

Latest post of the previous page:

Yeah - well I guess the same thing doesn't apply to people who are younger... and Loki, that's very true.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

I am a: Author

Re: Facades

Post by Xaithis » June 13th, 2017, 2:02 pm

I 'came out' about being a dragon when I was around 14/15. I can agree with Ishiah about tending to be very open. After that point I realised I didn't particularly care what the majority of people thought (they already thought I was a reclusive maniac), in the end the people I had been close friends with didn't care, and were actually quite happy I'd been open with them. Did get a lot of dislike from certain people, but there wasn't exactly much they could do. In the end it was just another reason why people thought I was eccentric.
I just got very frustrated of trying to hide my draconity. I don't tell people outright though, when I think it could have consequences, ie I wouldn't start a conversation about it with someone I'd just met... unless they were friends of friends, and thus were most likely already aware.
Typical Session...
PC - "I run towards the lasers!"
Me (DM) - <starts finding a new character sheet>