Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

Gaming Stories

Do you too enjoy lurking in your basement while sweating Red Bull and Doritos while you rage at some 12-y-o kid across the continent? We understand you, come join us. We offer consolidation pizza.
64Dragonheart64

Gaming Stories

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » January 7th, 2017, 2:40 am

If you had some epic, interesting, or just a story or deed in a videogame that you want to share , this is the place.
For example:
In Payday 2, in Rats (a mission in wich you have to cook meth in a small two-story house while being swarmed by SWAT, then exchange the meth to know the location of a bus with cartel members and kill them in the highway), in the house i was the last one standing, my 3 mates were in custody. They where like "You wont do it" and "Flee whenever you can" and i was like "Hell no! I intend to stay here some more". And basically i took 3 of their guys as hostages, exchanged them for my boys and saved the entire mission.
And in Killing Floor 2, on Outpost, i was the designated medic of the team. In round 7-8, my team began to split up, and one by one, to die. I tried my best, but i couldn't do anything... and i ended being the only one left against at least 60 zeds, of wich there were two fleshpounds and two scrackes, and thanks to a vector i found that belonged to one of my teammates, i won the round and, after that, we killed the boss and ended the match.
The dragon that inhabited my soul left and now it watches over me.

Rasalom
I am a: Author

Re: Gaming Stories

Post by Rasalom » January 7th, 2017, 9:20 am

I remember my sister's son playing FEAR at my place, and at one point one of the replica forces shouted "Keep your head down!", to which my nephew responded "Sam jesteś down" (rughly translated - "You're the down"). To which came a swift reply "Quiet down!".
Get it?
Don't kill the edge and become like the rest.
Don't lose the faith that made you who you are
Don't kill the edge that manifests inside
This world is mine; it's where my thoughts collide...

Valcyrie
Site Admin
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » January 19th, 2017, 3:34 am

Oh wow, I have many crazy gaming stories xD I can share a favourite of mine tho, at least for starters:

I used to play Left 4 Dead 2 A LOT back in the day. So much in fact I even got into the Europa League for a brief moment. But anyway - me and my clan of trusty sweaty nerds were gaming away a night. The dorito dust was thick in the air, and was only relieved by redbull farts. We were practically owning the other team so hard we were playing around with them. We didn't even make a effort to win, and still crushed them. And in all of this silliness, one of my clanmates bursts out THIS fucking song on the VC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBWvmhS-AY

I just lost it at that point. I laughed and laughed, tears rolling down my cheeks and I had trouble breathing. And to this lovely piece I get one of the enemy team when I play a charger, and starts smacking him to the ground in pace with the song, which made me laugh even more. I even woke up my current mate who was sleeping in another room. Oh, it was glorious.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » February 6th, 2017, 8:51 pm

Well, soooo here goes another.
Last month, i was on GTA V with a friend doing CEO stuff when an American and a Brazilian started fighting each other. The American asked for help, and so us, an Argentinian, a British and another American came for his aid, and we drove the BR out of the session.After tbat we ended up talking about how countries are full of imbeciles.

Switchstart
I am a: Lurker

Post by Switchstart » February 8th, 2017, 2:39 pm

One day, when I was about 5 or 6 I played a multiplayer LAN session in the lounge with my older sister on the original Need for speed, what I especially remember about this was that if you won a race your monitor would then show what your opponent saw on theirs until they completed their lap (Many modern games, FPS in particular still do this).

What happened here was that after I won a race, which was nearly every single time in this case I then had to watch her until she completed her lap and after having this happen a number of times in a row, I ended up throwing a tantrum.

I can't remember what happened after this and to this day, I still don't know whether I was naturally good at the the game or if she was purposefully falling behind to piss me off.

Ziea Ebbon

Post by Ziea Ebbon » February 11th, 2017, 7:12 pm

I have a funny story about me, a boss from dark souls 1, and a little voice in my head
Me: Ah! I see a moment to attack!
Voice: No. Dodge backwards
Me: but its my chance!
Voice: Don't do it!
Me: I'm doing it!
Voice: Noooooooooooooooooo!
YOU HAVE DIED

Yea it took me 4 years to finish dark souls 1...
Dark souls 2 is going a lot better though! I am listening more to that lil voice and dodging a lot more attacks.

Switchstart
I am a: Lurker

Post by Switchstart » April 2nd, 2017, 4:56 am

I was playing Skyrim recently and was just about to sell off some stuff to the smith at Raven rock and ran into a bug that had caused a Hunter to take on the form of a warewolf which then proceeded to keep accosting me. Plus,he stole my chicken breast.

The video below shows what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCZp9wYFPTY&ab_channel=TLDswitchstart

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » April 11th, 2017, 2:04 pm

I have two of Rainbow Six Siege, one happened yesterday and the other one, the day before yesterday.
I was playing as Fuze and one of our teammates was downed outside of the building of the objective. I was on my way to get him on his feet when i saw that an enemy was breaking the nearest barricade to get him. So i laid on the floor at the distance, and as soon as the enemy poped up, i put him down. Then i go to my teammate, and when i'm getting him up, another one shows up and shoots us both. My teammate absorbed the majority of the bullets and i managed to get to cover at one shot away from death. With nothing let to lose basically, i entered the place by the same direction the shots were coming from, and before he could even react i put 5 shots into the enemy's head.
And the other one i was playing as Montagne (some guy that has a ballistic shield that can be extended o cover him fully from the front an partially from the sides) and i was the only one left against 2 enemies in a university. I enter though the window and kill one of them with a headshot, and later i found the other one. I had a minute-long duel against him, i was on the upper floor and he was on the library beneath me, but in the end, i rose victorious and i was praised even by the enemy team.

Werecrocodile

Post by Werecrocodile » May 3rd, 2017, 1:47 pm

This is the story of how my life got flipped, turned upside down.
On one faithful tf2 day I was gifted an item known as a golden pan ,and I was promptly banned from my favorite server before the trade could finish, the reason was it was an alternate account which had no hats which is a big no no if you are an experienced player in that game.
► Show Spoiler
Wenn dein deutsch wie ich dich das liest kannst du Verwenden Sie kein Google Translate. Verlierer
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

MichaelGabrielR

Post by MichaelGabrielR » May 26th, 2017, 7:46 pm

I remember writing to the Official Polish PlayStation Magazine.
There was a contest for those who could find secrets on the demo discs, where you could win a cheat book (that was before you could find cheat codes and passwords online).
While others won by submitting stuff like "press start on the second controller to play with a friend" kinds of secrets, I really tried to step it up.
But the funny thing was that most of what I've found out were lots of glitches (like getting out of bounds in the lighthouse demo in Soul Reaver) that the devs were probably too embarrassed about to let them be posted in the magazine!
Heck, even some of what I've submitted had to be editted, as to be made accessible in a non-glitchy way! (the obvious example being Kingsley's Adventure, where you could push a bathtub while standing inside it to reveal a secret room)
So basically, from a long list of "secrets" I've managed to found and submitted together with my sister, what was left was stuff like shortcuts, secret rooms and ability to play your own music (CD-audio) in one Net Yaroze game.
But it was really cool for me, even as a kid, to have our names in my favorite magazine!
Plus, we got a booklet with all of the cheat codes at that time, most of which were Action Replay codes, which I couldn't use (I didn't have one), but it still felt like a prize. :D
As a Christian, I believe Draconity and Humanity are NOT mutually exclusive, as our humanity (made in God's image) is independent from the bodies we live in.
Proud supporter of erotica, polygyny and f/f relations within it.
An idealist, I wish to become a dragon one day though advanced technology.

Xaithis

Post by Xaithis » June 6th, 2017, 6:48 pm

The other day I was quite happy; having finally managed to beat Devil May Cry 3 (original) on 'Dante Must Die!' difficulty (for reference it's generally considered the most difficult game of the series), the final fight with Vergil on DMD mode is generally considered the most difficult boss fight in the series. I'd been dreading the fight since I started 3 on DMD, as about halfway through the fight he starts healing and spamming AoE attacks, yet when I finally got to the fight he only performed it about twice in the entire fight; I ended up finishing with about 1/10th of my health bar left, plus it was really great to finally finish it... for reference it's much more difficult than the first game's DMD mode, the last boss of which actually caused muscle fatigue in my hands due to the rapid combo sequences XD.
Typical Session...
PC - "I run towards the lasers!"
Me (DM) - <starts finding a new character sheet>

64Dragonheart64

Post by 64Dragonheart64 » June 29th, 2017, 8:23 pm

Months ago, i was fighting the Soul of Cinder in DS3. I had died several times in the second phase while he was 1 or 2 hits away from his demise. In the try that gave me my victory, i staggered him while he was close to go into phase 2, so i kept hitting him until the animation for phase two started. Unconsciously, i kept swinging the sword as he still had some health, but when i was at it he got the curved sword out in the middle of the animation and parried me. Seemingly the game thought that he was at phase two although with almost no health left. "I should let myself die" i thought.
But still, i downed the bar and he finally died. Yes, i won due to a bug after killing Friede. I was told that now my redemption is by killing Midir.