Herpy.nu forums are still not fully operational. To stay updated, follow me at https://twitter.com/ValkyrianArts

Advertisement based funding.

Have any ideas or need help with anything? Post here!
Werecrocodile

Advertisement based funding.

Post by Werecrocodile » March 27th, 2017, 5:02 am

Now this is just an idea so dont go crazy.

So I've been hearing about our little home not having very much funding and such so I recommend that we attempt to find people who would be willing to pay a small sum of money for a little (or big) picture but, anyone who has been on the old site knows how bad the bad dragon ads were they were on normally sfw pages , but if we get any ads I doubt that we would have them like that so, I propose that we have sfw ads on sfw pages and nsfw on nsfw .
Please tell me what you think about that. And if you have anything better. :D
Wenn dein deutsch wie ich dich das liest kannst du Verwenden Sie kein Google Translate. Verlierer
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Aracth'nil
I am a: Lurker

Re: Advertisement based funding.

Post by Aracth'nil » March 27th, 2017, 9:01 am

I mean it's a good idea provided it works and nobody minds (I don't personally) but that's just me.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Rendrassa
I am a: Artist

Post by Rendrassa » April 7th, 2017, 12:42 am

It'd be nice if we could get in contact with the adult toy companies that advertise on FA. As well as the few SFW ads I've seen there. Might be a harder sell, though.
Clicky? Image

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » April 10th, 2017, 12:40 am

Problem is that we are still rather small .-. We dont get that many visitors and as such the ad revenue would be really low, if anyone would be interested at all. I will certainly consider this when we have a audience whom advertisors are willing to pay for.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Werecrocodile

Post by Werecrocodile » April 10th, 2017, 5:22 am

Valcyrie wrote:Problem is that we are still rather small .-. We don't get that many visitors and as such the ad revenue would be really low, if anyone would be interested at all. I will certainly consider this when we have a audience whom advertisers are willing to pay for.
Fair point , but we are growing, not at an insanely fast rate but we are still growing, also I'm not saying this is something to be put into place immediately because we have bigger fish to fry like the e-mail problem or the lack of custom emoticons and a site mascot (hint hint please val) and I'm sure many people would like to donate but a lot of people might be worried about some thing else or unable to spare any cash which is why I proposed this very topic , basically I think we should wait and see how the community grows and if its very rapid we could look for ads that fit and if there's no other option we could look for stuff that has nothing to do with this , another problem that I think of now is that not every advertiser would like for their products to be shown on a site with anthropomorphic reptiles procreation videos .
Last edited by Werecrocodile on June 7th, 2017, 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wenn dein deutsch wie ich dich das liest kannst du Verwenden Sie kein Google Translate. Verlierer
Hidden Content

Rendrassa
I am a: Artist

Post by Rendrassa » April 10th, 2017, 7:20 pm

I think we'll really boom once the videos are restored.
Clicky? Image

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » April 11th, 2017, 4:56 am

At least a google query for herpy brings up the new site - it's not the same for the galleries yet though.
People are like dragons. They can be dangerous, but they can be friendly. But whatever you are, take flight into the blue abyss of endless possibility!

Werecrocodile

Post by Werecrocodile » April 12th, 2017, 3:22 am

Aracth'nil wrote:At least a google query for herpy brings up the new site - it's not the same for the galleries yet though.
Actually we pop up first, (on my browser don't know about others).
Hidden Content

Aracth'nil

Post by Aracth'nil » April 12th, 2017, 9:22 am

Werecrocodile wrote:
Aracth'nil wrote:At least a google query for herpy brings up the new site - it's not the same for the galleries yet though.
Actually we pop up first, (on my browser don't know about others).
Could be browser cookies... try in incognito.

Werecrocodile

Post by Werecrocodile » April 13th, 2017, 3:10 am

Yep, still first in incognito mode and after clearing all my cookies.
Hidden Content