Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

Build them up, take it apart and do it again!

Enjoy stuff that doesnt have a category for itself? This is the place to discuss airsoft, urban exploration, MLP marathon and whatever sh*t you are up to in your spare time!
Dradlescore
I am a: Author

Build them up, take it apart and do it again!

Post by Dradlescore » October 28th, 2016, 1:23 pm

Ah! Welcome! I wasn't sure if there was a thread dedicated to the crap some people can build regarding Legos, bionicles and the likes of those stuff, so I thought I'd set it up. Come, post pictures of stuff you've built or have seen on the Internet. The idea behind this as a hobby is to be both impressed by what people can do, and also just enjoy the designs and.. Maybe some funny stop motion YouTube things some do xD

Alright, this are designs that I've built with some help from my mind on designs I've seen over the years, to some recent YouTube videos as well. Each one is unique with their bodies.. Though Fräkënfück, the big guy with the hand cannon (literally) was by far my most infuriating to build. Most of the designs also had moments of 'this will do fine,' to 'happy accident.' To top this all off, some mobility is nice, since most, if not all of these guys here also have either wings or jets. Only two here in group don't, and that's the female looking one (regarding torso) and Fräkënfück.

Anyway! I hoped you enjoyed wandering into this, and do post stuff you've found or seen ^.^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derpon durgon is bek

My hearthalf, Ziea Ebbon, and all of her <3

Valcyrie
Site Admin
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Re: Build them up, take it apart and do it again!

Post by Valcyrie » January 19th, 2017, 3:53 am

Damn, Legos. I used to love to play with that even into my teens, only difference from childhood was that the creations became more and more detailed and advanced as the years passed. Some of my greatest creations was a car with a "working" engine. And by that I dont mean it ran by combustibles, but when you rolled it across a surface the engine fan would spin, a generator would power the lanterns and 2 pistons would move inside of the engine itself. It also had working steering and suspension. Sadly one day I dropped it while moving it during a room cleaning and it exploded into a thousand tiny pieces, and I never had the willpower to rebuild it after that.

Also built a submarine once that would launch "torpedoes" at the click of a button. It had a electric engine that would power the prop, but sadly the hull wasn't 100% waterproof >.-.> I drenched the battery and that was that. Kept it as a "model" for 2 years or something before one of my cats knocked it down and destroyed it. But if I should show pics of these I think I would have to visit my mother and search through old family photos, because if there are any they are before the digital age.

Ahem <.-.<

*Struts off with a cane.*
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » January 19th, 2017, 4:49 pm

Well I don't build things from lego anymore but I do use it occasionally to make moulding trays for stuff like alginate. You can melt or glue it together to design patterns, also you can reuse the more mechanical bits to make hinges and other small machines but I try not to get into the habit of using it too much, as it's certainly not the cheapest option.

Dradlescore

Post by Dradlescore » January 23rd, 2017, 3:49 am

Val, not gonna lie, but I could not see you as a Lego fan. But hey, those were seriously cool sounding designs, shame they had to go the way of being destroyed.

And they do seem a good way for building molds, that's for sure. I assume you got some good molds for some of your props and costumes that you've built, eh Loki?

I may upload a bunch of pictures later of how bored I've gotten... And a number of the builds have some... Interesting (all sfw, you really don't see boobs or dicks on any bionicles XD)
Derpon durgon is bek

Valcyrie
Site Admin

Post by Valcyrie » January 23rd, 2017, 10:07 am

Really? xD With my huge love for Minecraft? :P

Dradlescore

Post by Dradlescore » January 24th, 2017, 3:17 am

you got me there xD. Now, as I promised, the whole lot I've built while bored. I also have another soon to be arriving, though.... I can't get past its feet... Or, whatever the hell I've started with them xD
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derpon durgon is bek

Valcyrie
Site Admin

Post by Valcyrie » January 24th, 2017, 1:17 pm

Wow, that's a lot of bionicles o.-.o I have one, somewhere, I think. It was called Oni or something, a robot with black mask and giant claws.

Dradlescore

Post by Dradlescore » January 25th, 2017, 4:25 am

Was he called Onua? And was somewhat of a hunchback with regards to where his head was positioned? His claws black, and three fingered?

I may have a rather... Good memory for the oldest set of bionicles that was released. Gali, Tahu, Kopaka, Pohatu, Onua, and Lewa. I had all the 'Toa' though not the Toa Nuva.

Yeah... But of a weird one for my memory lel.
Derpon durgon is bek

Valcyrie
Site Admin

Post by Valcyrie » January 25th, 2017, 10:14 am

Onua sounds familiar, yes. And his head was on his chest more or less, lol. And 3 claws yes. It's gotta be at least 15 years old or something by now. It had green eyes, I remember. Was associated with digging through earth and rock.

Dradlescore

Post by Dradlescore » January 25th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Oh, indeed XD. Onua was the earth element, and his eyes were more suited for life underground than above with sunlight. I have every single one of the those dudes... And it wasn't until a few years later that I learned that Gali, the water toa... Was the only female of the group xD.
Though considering the odd little piece compared to her brothers, and I think they used it to mean like comrades or allies, she definitely stood out. I'm happy I got some of the limited editions of some of the sets that came out. I might do a number of close ups for some in my collection that I've made.
Oh, and to note, some of them I took inspiration from YouTube videos for weapon designs or body design. I'll say which ones when they have their picture taken.
Derpon durgon is bek

Valcyrie
Site Admin

Post by Valcyrie » February 12th, 2017, 8:18 pm

Dang it, now I'm tempted to go get all my old LEGOs and play some analogue Minecraft xD

Dradlescore

Post by Dradlescore » February 12th, 2017, 9:52 pm

If ya do, don't be afraid of taking some pictures and posting them xD

New bionicle! Closest thing I could make to a dragon (currently, I have it laying down in a form of sleeping.) I also have another bunch sigh some rather unique builds to them. One with a stupidly massive bald and helmet, while another has a scythe and a claw hand, and then another sort of mech design with a Halo Hunter design with regards to weapons. These guys I might have gone a little overboard, and sadly, the colour schemes of most of them (other than the dragon and another dude) weren't quite up to the standards I wanted.
Derpon durgon is bek