Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

The Other Kitchen

Enjoy stuff that doesnt have a category for itself? This is the place to discuss airsoft, urban exploration, MLP marathon and whatever sh*t you are up to in your spare time!
Indominus Roark
I am a: Author
Commissions: Open for trades

The Other Kitchen

Post by Indominus Roark » February 8th, 2017, 3:17 am

So I decided to make an attempted at making fish cakes and the result was good. So I figure why not make a topic for cooking, sharing recipes and such, So here's the first entry, This one is pretty simple I call it, Salmon Fish Cakes with Balsamic Egg Sauce.

This was an idea that I picked up watching Gordon Ramsay making Tuna Fish cakes, I decided to go a different way with it and came up with what you see in the picture.
Its a quick easy meal for 3 when you feel like impressing your friends. Let me know what you think. lol

Makes three
Two cans chunky Salmon boneless and skinless.
Egg wash
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt and pepper
All purpose flower.
Lemon juice
Butter
Olive Oil
Tarragon [optional]

Directions Empty the contents of two cans. Save the water and one of the cans. Place the salmon on a plate of flower and roll them around so they're coated well. Then take the egg wash and transfer some of the egg wash into one of the empty salmon cans turn the can a bit so the egg wash coats the side. Then pack the salmon into the can ask much as you can. Next transfer the salmon into an oiled nonstick pan. Cook until lightly browned. Should only take about 45 seconds each side. Plate the fish and garnish with a lemon slice.

For the egg sauce. Transfer the egg wash into the same pan on low heat. Then add the juice from the can a cube of butter drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the butter. Add salt and pepper. And stir well and wait till the sauce bubble Then add one spoonful of sauce over each fish cake.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No fate but what we make.

Valcyrie
Site Admin
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Re: The Other Kitchen

Post by Valcyrie » February 12th, 2017, 8:21 pm

Ooh, I love cooking. I'm not much for canned fish though... I want it fresh or at the very least frozen if nothing better is available. Sea dragons are picky with seafood x3

I think my speciality is sandwiches, everyone who's had them go nuts for more for some reason. Just ask Raven about it xD Otherwise i thoroughly enjoy cooking meals from all over the world, thai and american bbq being 2 of my favourite cultures to play around with.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Indominus Roark
Commissions: Open for trades

Post by Indominus Roark » May 3rd, 2017, 9:38 am

So let's light a fire. Here's a recipe that requires only prep work and the oven does all the cooking. You also only need to buy enough ingredients as you plan on serving your guests. I call it.

Dragon Lips!
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

You will need.
X number of large Jalapenos.
4 pounds of ground sausage hot and mild.
1 pound hamburger meat.
One pack of bacon
3 eggs
Yellow Mustard
Garlic Powder
Garlic Salt
Onion Powder
Salt and pepper
Two handfuls shreaded mild cheddar
Two handfuls shreaded pepper jack
6-8 Saltine crackers (For binding)

Directions. Start with preparing the jalapenos. Slice the top off with one clean cut. Take a butter knife and gut the seeds of the jalapenos. If you want more heat save the seeds.

Next in a large bowl combine all the meat and mix season the meat well. Next add the rest of the ingredients except bacon. If you have kept the seeds add them back at this stage. Add the yellow mustard and mix thoroughly.

Next stuff the jalapenos full with the meat mixture. Open the pack of bacon and slice them in half. Wrap the jalapenos with a half slice of bacon. If it doesn't wrap around the pepper completely that is fine but you can stretch the bacon to the length of the pepper if you want.
Place peppers on a baking sheet.
Tip. If available a pan with a grease trap is a good safety net. As not to burn your self when removing or inspecting

Place jalapenos in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until bacon is how you prefer.
If there is left over stuffing. Add the rest to a separate baking tray and bake along side the jalapenos for instant meatloaf.

So there you have it! Stuffed Jalapenos wrapped in bacon! Or Dragon Lips. With meatloaf on the side.
Something to impress whoever you want to cook for. And it's a meal on a budget. Only cost 15$ for all the ingredients. +seasoning if they're not in your spice rack.
If you have questions feel free to ask. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
No fate but what we make.

Koatliqua
Commissions: Open

Post by Koatliqua » May 31st, 2017, 10:03 pm

That is so sweet!
Like dew or a flash of lightning;
Thus we shall perceive them.

Check out my blog! ~ https://jasminesgarage.wordpress.com/