Herpy.nu is now closed and archived - will be replaced by something new and better.

Herpy has had a good 13 year run and will never be forgotten for those of us who experienced it. Sadly the site is today unappealing and is no longer fit for the audience of 2018. The gallery will remain operational until further notice. You can follow me on Twitter for further developments. We also have a Discord server which has become the heart of the community. If you wish to join it, send me a PM over Twitter.

Kind regards,
Valcyrie

To all users, we should say goodbye to herpy.nu

A place for hangout, chill and easy discussion.
Akithes Wrathium

To all users, we should say goodbye to herpy.nu

Post by Akithes Wrathium » December 6th, 2017, 12:45 am

Goodbye we will miss you.
A beautiful dragoness makes the best predator and I can't say no when she wants to stuff me into her warm belly

Chikara

Re: To all users, we should say goodbye to herpy.nu

Post by Chikara » December 8th, 2017, 9:21 am

Goodbye herpy.nu, it was fun while it lasted.

LokiDragon
I am a: Artist
Commissions: Open

Post by LokiDragon » December 9th, 2017, 6:56 pm

Quite so, forums are going the way of cassette tapes and dinosaurs. Can't say the Discord way of communication is better in every regard but at least it's more of an evolution of the forum. It is good this is not the end of the Scalie community.

Ethos
Site Admin

Post by Ethos » December 10th, 2017, 6:05 am

Just a note that the site isn't actually shutting down, it is simply moving to a new domain.

The Discord chat will remain, the gallery will still be up and active, and I think the forums will be kept and archived. Unfortunately the forums have been mostly abandoned since 2014 when the previous site owner stopped supporting the site and the broken vBulletin forums were no longer working properly.

There is a full length article on the way which will explain the history of the herpy sites in great detail.

halodragon

Post by halodragon » December 10th, 2017, 8:53 pm

Oh thats great news!

Personally I was always just a lerker. Glad there will still be a discord tho for others.

Akithes Wrathium

Post by Akithes Wrathium » December 12th, 2017, 6:28 am

I'm happy to hear that it isn't truly a goodbye, and sorry to everyone about putting this misguided topic in here I misunderstood the announcement
A beautiful dragoness makes the best predator and I can't say no when she wants to stuff me into her warm belly

Valcyrie
Site Admin
I am a: Author
Commissions: Temporarily closed

Post by Valcyrie » December 12th, 2017, 7:15 am

Would like to clarify, that the site *was* shutting down from the beginning due to lack of funding and active members. But the announcement set a whole lot in motion and the discord server has gained almost 50 new members over a few days, 20 just over the first night. Some polls and discussions were had, and the community as a whole decided upon a new solution for the site.

We got more admins and more funding, and are now working to rebuild the site to fit 2018.

So you werent all that mistaken at first.
Avatar by Semura. Signature by me and Ember.

Akithes Wrathium

Post by Akithes Wrathium » December 13th, 2017, 5:26 am

Thank you Valcyrie

Aquilla Whingate

Post by Aquilla Whingate » December 16th, 2017, 1:53 am

So long, Farewell, Auf wiedersehen Goodbye. I hate to go, and leave this pretty site.... :note:
I having been around awhile old Herpy and the nu (new) I had grown pretty comfortable here. Even though this is not farewell for good this is goodbye to an era and a domain; however, much like the phoenix rising from the ashes, so too shall the site be reborn, with a brand new name.Best to all in 2018.